Wednesday, July 3, 2013

OMD 31 Day Challenge Day 3 - Purple

This mani is kind of a nail fail, I was trying to do a gradient with glitter polish but the glitter had a life of its own and went all over the place.
Also I broke a nail but I refuse to let that stop me and I refuse to cut the other nails, I haven't been with so long nails for a long, long time so I apologize for the inconsistency in my nail length.

Purple is the color of today.
Polishes used:
Essie - Lilacism
Essie - Play Date
Depend - 202
E.L.F - Purple Dream
Orly - Can't Be Tamed

For some reason my pinky is always out of focus.


14 comments:

  1. Love all the purple shades and the glitter! super sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first ombre with one color for each nail, it took forever to decide what purples I wanted.

      Delete
  3. Pretty purple manicure! I love the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa :) That glitter is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Love it! I might need to copy this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I would love to see yours :)

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful. I think even though you feel it failed it still looks really good. I have never tried a glitter gradient around the cuticles because I think I would end up with such a mess! Also, beautiful pairing of polish and glitter colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had doubts doing this, at some point I thought I had to start over but when it dried it came out better than I expected.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Lol, it seems like I've said thank you to you about 5 times today :p And again thank you so much :D

      Delete
  7. I know what you mean about glitter going everywhere, except where you want it! :) I still like this though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The glitter has a mind on it's own!

      Delete