Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Insecurities.

Today's post will be a little different, I want to talk about my insecurities. One in particular is my fear of screwing up things someone has entrusted me with.

This fear is really strong at the moment as I sit in front of my washing machine watching it color fabric. I'm doing this for a friend who doesn't own a washing machine and she asked if she could come over to color them and I said that would be no problem or I could also just take the fabric and color it for her and get it back to her when done. I have dyed fabric before and had no problem with it.

Now I sit in front of the washing machine and have run every possible scenario in my head how this could go wrong; maybe the fabric won't color, maybe it will accidentally be pink, maybe it won't color evenly...
I had only ONE job and I screwed it up!!!

This fear is one of many things that my parents are responsible for, they constantly made me do things I wasn't capable of delivering as they wished, as a result I remember many failed attempts at the tasks I was entrusted with. Maybe I didn't do them right, maybe I did, but this has made me so aware of my mistakes that more that often I don't see my accomplishments and made my deathly afraid to take lead or be entrusted with something important.

I've gone to see many therapists and I'm constantly working my way through this to be a better person and see my many accomplishments and attributes as a job well done and not dwell on my mistakes. Most of the it works well.
But at the moment I'm deathly afraid of the fabric in my washing machine...




9 comments:

  1. Don't be, honey! Plus suffering by antecipation bring about real bad modjo ;)
    You'll see it'll be perfect and you will have made your friend a very happy person! I'm sure! **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Sometimes I wish I had a off switch that I could use once in a while, of course there was nothing to worry about and it went great ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh this isn't uncommon, I think it helps to realize that even if you do make mistakes, it's not the end of the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is a mindset I'm working on, thank you ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw, I think it's really brave that you share this with us. Talking about it helps! I have my insecurities too, but not as bad as you do. But still, I can relate. Just remember this, girl, only those that don't try and don't take chances don't make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! That is a good reminder, I will keep that in mind next time I face my fears ;)

      Delete
  4. I think we all have our own insecurities some hide them better than others and I think its great that you shared them on your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You shouldn't have worried so much, the fabric looked great and everyone loved the tokens. Too bad I forgot to mention your work in the tokens :/ Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete